Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Casualness Intensifies

Yall! So we're talking about our own draft league now (thanks to Gengar Knight VGC for the hilarious name)!  Let me run down the basics of what were thinking here.

I don't think I'm alone in that I've always wanted to try a draft but never have, and likely never will have the time to commit to something like the GBA with weekly demands and deadlines, let alone recording and editing tasks.  So here's my idea to make The Casualness Intensifies League (CIL) simpler:

1) Double the time to prepare.
2) Be flexible.
3) No recording requirement.

This is, to borrow some of my favorite words, a league by us, for us.  You and your opponent want to have your match a week early? Go for it. You had a rough week at work and need more time? Done. Let's just try this new way to play a game we love and have fun with it.

Based on who we have so far, it's looking a little bigger than I anticipated but I won't turn anyone away--this is an easy issue to resolve by making divisions.

Confirmed Coaches:
@EdkrazeGaming
@DirectorDRB
@MightyMamoswine
@HankThePidgey
@KevinVGC
@CBranGames
@TheFlyingFiona
@Satoshi_Red_Ash
@Craig_de_Aragon
@KantoCastBlue
@KantoCastYellow
@Sanyer1124

Tier Votes so far:
Smogon - 3
GBA - 7
Stopped taking votes as 7 constitutes a majority in 12, but GBA was well on its way to winning.

Comment or tweet at me your responses, and I'll let you know everything you need to know before the draft and we'll work on scheduling when it will happen.  I'll hold the draft on my stream.

Now let me leave you with some words very near and dear to my heart...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuYeHPFR3f0


-The Kevmissioner of the CIL ;)

3 comments:

  1. I've always enjoyed the GBA draft breakdown, but I'm definitely up for revising it a little and making it our own. I love the points system and think it adds a good bit of balance to the game. I'm definitely in, I enjoy watching league play and taking it more casually would be great with how busy most of us are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will there be room for expansion in future seasons?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will there be room for expansion in future seasons?

    ReplyDelete

One Last Ride: The Sleepy Hollow Spectriers Season-in-Review

 I'll make this pretty short since I didn't save any replays, but now that the season has ended for everyone else also (I had to dro...